Words cannot really describe, especially for non-ski bunny readers. So here is a small selection of the 300 photos I managed to get...
Top moments include:
Working on my skiing and feeling pretty good about it by the end. Realising it would be insanely fun and very doable to work here..the only question is this season or next? There are so many different job opportunities - the traditional lifty or ski instructor, the several retail shops and bars, hotel and house servicing, office work, backcountry tours, hundreds of different avenues.
Having the mountain virtually to ourselves during the week, and runs where I didn't see anyone else. Skiing on new snow, making fresh tracks and completely forgetting what NZ snow is like. Skiing through trees, still the most bizarre thing yet it seems so much more natural. Being on the mountain just as the lifts closed, completely alone as snow started falling.
Going tubing - they have a huge slope and a special rope tow to pull you up. We joined our 5 tubes together for greater weight and spun, shot and flew down. I'm pretty sure we got some air going over the bump at the end.
Seeing my family all spread out over a slope skiing abreast, Mum and Dad carving in unison with me, and my brothers shooting through the middle on their boards. Everyone absolutely in the zone, making wide turns and spraying powder and having a ball.
On the last day there was a beautiful sunset over the mountains. I also took some pictures of the adorable houses.
Last run, coming down to the village:
Some of the village shops:
The house next to us:
Looking back to part of the skifield:
Once again, Silver Star did not fail to please. I hope next time I come back will be to work, make friends and ski on my days off.
No comments:
Post a Comment